Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)
The Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) programme is a professional course that prepares teachers for Upper Primary/Middle Level(Classes 6 – 8), Secondary Level(Classes 9 – 10) and Senior Secondary Level(Classes 11 – 12) schools in India.
Scholars College of Education offers a full time professional course of the duration of 2 academic years leading to Bachelor of Education(B.Ed.) degree of Magadh University, Bodh Gaya.
The institute has 100 seats for the B.Ed course.
- Candidates with at least 50% marks either in the Bachelor's Degree and/or in the Master's Degree in Sciences / Social Sciences / Humanity, Bachelor's in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto, are eligible for admission to the B.Ed. Programme.
- Candidates having Bachelors/P.G Degree in Commerce with 50% marks are also eligible for admission to B.Ed. Programme.
- The reservation in seats and relaxation in the qualifying marks will be 5% in favour of the SC/ST category shall be as per the rules of the Government.
- Candidates appearing in the final year examination for the qualifying may also apply and appear in the entrance test. If the candidate fails to produce the original mark-sheet of the qualifying examination at the time of counselling, the claim for admission shall not be entertained in any circumstances.
Main Objectives of Study:
Download B.Ed. Syllabus
- Understand the concept, objective nature and function of secondary education.
- Understand the various challenges related to imparting quality education in secondary stage.
- Understand the alternative schooling importance.
- Understand the problems and issues related to professional, growth of teachers.
- Understand the importance of students discipline inward and outward.
- Understand the factors of institutional planning, school record, supervision school complex which help in total quality management in secondary school.
- Develop skill to plan for teaching.
- The meaning and features of good curriculum and its designing.
- The meaning, process and function of education.
- Develop knowledge of history of education.
- Psychology – Its role in education.
- School Administration: Difference between general education administration and school educational administration.
- Innovation – In methods of teaching.
- Group learning, seminar, symposium, programme etc.